
The view over part of town, with the fiord and ice fog in the background. It's extreme high tide these days, when the sea actually breaks through the massive amount of ice. And when sea water hits -30°C, it makes a lot of thick fog, fast.
don't know what sort of kryptonite I swallowed, but my immune system is awful this year. I am getting sick again. I think it's just a bad cold. Makes me grumpy and tired.
Not so grumpy, though, that I can't appreciate my classes. My maths are going really well so far this term (yes, I know it is only three days in). But it's been two good days in a row, and one of those was a friday and the other was a monday. If you aren't superstitious about mondays, fridays and full moons, you should be.
Art classes are going fairly well, too. The teacher downstairs is no longer hating me, because we have stopped pounding. Stenciling requires tapping these huge paintbrushes, end on, with dry paint on them... it's loud for the people downstairs. But now we're on to linoleum carving. No one has cut their hand yet, but I am estimating three cuts before the project is finished. We're having some technical difficulties with the inks and printing, but I hope to resolve those difficulties tomorrow.
I make more typos per typita (just go with it) now than I did ten years ago.
4 comments:
you get bonus points for using the word "fjord" in a post. :P
sorry to hear you're getting sick :(.
i went down to novel idea the other day to get 100yrs, and they were sold out! i had to order a copy. it should be here today or tomorrow.
oh, and do you know you left a garbage thing (wire rack-y thing) in the trunk?
yeah, we needed a kitchen garbage, but when it came to packing, I couldn't fit it in, and when it came to returning it, I ran out of time. I'm sure I'll need a kitchen garbage someday in the future... unless you know someone who needs one. I'll sell it - only 12 bucks!
consider it sold ... and now installed on the innerd of the door to the cabinet under the sink in my kitchen. :p 12 bucks. whatta steal!
...and they lived happily ever after. :D
Post a Comment