Tuesday, January 02, 2007

bonne année!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2007 already! jeepers... I'm going to be thirty next year.

I experienced my first new years' celebration in memory where there has been no countdown... just people drinking and laughing and suddenly noisemakers and clanging bells and bonne année everywhere! the chap at the next table accidenly dropped his bottle of champagne in his excitement, and it smashed all over. ooh. exciting. he was nice and polite about it, leaning across the mess of bubbles and broken glass to shake my hand, "bonne année pareil!"

I hope you enjoy writing the wrong year on everything for the next few weeks.

I humbly apologize for the lack of posts lately... I've been in transit/ incapacitated quite a bit lately. My head has been swirling a lot though, especially concerning next year (and the years after that). I have decided for the second time that I need to settle down a bit. That doesn't necessarily mean moving home and buying a house, getting a job and beginning the accumulation cycle of my life. I hae accumulated a lot of shit as it stands, even with my moving around. What it means instead is that I need a base. I am now back on the icy edge of nowhere (this will not be my base), and you may expect regular blurbs again.

Once upon a time at bible camp, I remember a preacher man telling us that centering our lives around ourselves was a good way to be confused and unhappy. His solution was a nice diagram with a cross (Gee-sus) at the centre, and little stars representing other aspects of life in a nice orderly arrangment around the cross. It looked like a clock, actually. You know what I think of his diagram. However, he was right that centering everything around myself and my feelings has led to a certain amount of confusion, discomfort and even unhappiness. Perhaps if I had taken a longer view...

In any case, I have brainstormed a few small things and a few hard things I can do to improve my situation.

here they be:

less tv, the eee-vill time sucker.
go to sleep earlier.
art more.
buy vegetables and eat them all before they rot.
save money.
practise my filter.
do a chin-up.
go somewhere and stay there.

end of resolutions.


once is more than enough

5 comments:

yelsel said...

nyplease excuse my brain-fart and we'll call it a day. then call it a night :P

yelsel said...

hahah. part of the word verification got mangled in that comment. hahah.

devious said...

:D you make me laugh!!

i think my paranoia is following me...

Anonymous said...

I like your list. I'd like to have a similar list :)
You received some mystery mail at my house today :) I'll forward it to you, hope you get it soon! lb

devious said...

thanks laney! I always get a thrill when you comment :) brightens my evening.

this is my first list in a while, I'm glad you like it. And I am sooo interested to see what is coming my way!

btw, the iPod is a roaring success. I luuuurve controlling the music in my class. Down with f*cK this and f*ck that. I can't believe I just censored myself...