Sunday, January 07, 2007

paradox

I have discovered that my scandalous new haircut has the dubious honour of being slightly assymetrical. And I can't decide if my hot hairstylist with the cool tattoos fucked it up, or if he did it on purpose. It is lopsided, with the left side being half an inch longer than the right. I do not have the courage to fix it myself, burned as I was the last time I put scissors to my own hair. It was fifteen years ago, and I still shudder at the disaster I created with the blades. But even if I did feel brave enough to fix it, I can't be sure if I should... half an inch is a pretty big mistake for such an awesome hair dude as my guy... But then, it's true that if you make a big enough boo-boo with total confidence, people will assume you did it on purpose.

I went in to the school this aft to do some work and work out in the gym. but there was a feast in the gym and my key didn't work in my classroom lock. It's been not working, just in that one lock, since Thursday at about 10:00am. So I hung out for a little while, drinking some hot chocolate and eating some ridiculously unhealthy crackers until another teacher showed up whose key does work in my lock.

Fiona's getting big... won't be too long now. A week or maybe two, and then there will be puppies. I am looking forward to them... mostly. I love to play with puppies, but they are a lot of work, too... finding homes, feeding Fi enough so she doesn't freeze or become unhealthy, but not so much she pukes it up. Plus, I'm a worrier. They're going to be outside all the time. I've got a good set-up just about finished for them... doghouse with a kennel inside with just the right amount of space for Fi to heat it with her body. Lots of soft insulatory material inside. But still, I worry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you tried parting your hair differently to see if your hair is more even?

it looks fabulous darling, so fabulous!

devious said...

what happens is when i part it on one side, it looks like the difference might be on purpose. but when i part it on the other side, it just looks a bit off.

but thank you, dahling, really. :D