I think it's time for PUPPIES!!!
Now, this might be a false alarm... but I think she's producing a bit of milk! either that, or she spilled some of her supplement on the floor and it got mixed with the water she spilled, and then she rolled her teets in it. it's impossible to know for sure. puppies come soon after that. and she is defending her doghouse. she almost took out a neighbour pup who tried to sneak in earlier. she warned nalu off, too.
happily, she's still a total suck to me. you never know when a dog has pups... if they are of a certain temperament, or if they aren't as well socialized, they can be dangerous. but fi seems bewildered and completely fine with me.
OK. Now the Important Announcement. yelsel, of PSPD fame, has boldly pronounced that there are 4 puppies in thet thar uterus. How many do you think there are? The right guess could win a puppy! Or just bragging rights if you aren't ready for that level of responsibility. Or if you luuurve your hardwood floors. Or if you're really more of a cat person, thank-you-very-much. I would recommend checking the size of fiona's before and after bellies to try to guess the number of pups.
Betting will close when I post the PUPPYTIME post. I won't leak any info, so don't bother calling me to get inside information.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
ooh ooh what are you doing for names? can i name one?? hm. its ok if i can't, but if you're open to suggestions i dreamt one up just in case.
yuppers, i guesstimate 4.
I'll say 5. This contest heavily favors people who get their guesses in early, eh?
Yeah, can we name them? Or at least, give them "real" names, which will still secretly be their names even after other people have adopted them? And then they can go on an adolescent coming-of-age quest, to find their secret name?
Incidentally for Kingstonians - There's a new bakery in town, opened by some nice people who seem to have come from Switzerland just to open this bakery. They also make french-press coffee by the cup, to order. It's on Montreal between Queen and Princess. They have cookies shaped like feet, and all the pastries are labeled with their Swiss names rather than English. It's yummy, and it seems like they don't have aaany customers yet.
anne, I want to make a date for this little bakery you mention for march. pencil me in. i luuuurve baked goods.
i would lurve help naming the pups! when nalu had her litter, i didn't have any help with naming, and i ended up calling them 'the ugly one' and 'the one with spots' and 'little girl'. incidentally, little girl is the one i gave to my parents, renamed as mikiyuk, and she STILL answers to little girl. she goes nuts when she hears it.
keep stewing the names, and then when i post the first group shot of puppies, you can help me designate which is which.
3. it seemed sheer ridiculousness to say 6 and anne beat me to 5.
i'll heighten the betting: i guess 2 girls and one boy.
given my success (or lackthereof) in predicting the outcome of the liberal leadership race, i'm not holding my breath ... and not putting down any money. i lost $20 last time!
I guess 6... I think that it is probable.
so very exciting!
your bets have been duly noted. i have to say, i am rooting for shannon or lesley, just because i don't want too many puppies!! but i won't interfere with the results. i promise.
good idea about the ratios, too. nalu had a strange litter, with 6 boys and 1 girl, but most litters have more girls I think.... so we will see.
still no puppies! i think i must have been wrong about the milk. they are still due soon though.
When are you coming in March? There are a couple of weekends we will be away. But yes - Swiss bakery it is. I will buy you something sweet.
You could name all the pups after different kinds of Swiss pastries and cookies. I think that would be good. It will require a lot of research.
i guess two.
melinda's guess is my new favourite!!! one boy and one girl and it would be so easy to find homes... and i could put them in my pockets and take them to school.
;)
this is uber exciting!
*chews fingernails* what do you mean exciting (!?)
come on puppies!!! i wanna play! hurry up!
Post a Comment