Monday, January 15, 2007

time shmime

Check out this cool article about why we procrastinate. If I could halt all my procrastination, I would be a lot more successful. Even if I chucked like fifteen percent, I would see serious improvement.

so what is the deal with skype? like.. geez. so a friend of mine far away tells me this thing where you can download a program similar to msn, but you can use it to make long distance phone calls through your computer to anywhere in the world. so i join up so that i can talk to my friend and now i've got this flood of middle eastern men messaging me all the fucking time. what's the fucking deal? this one guy is all like 'I'm on here cuz I'm looking for une rélation sérieuse'. and I'm thinking to myself... oh my sweet jesus, is everyone gone crazy? he's in fucking algeria! hahaha... oh my god. bonkers. i think i just channelled seinfeld for a bit.

everyone, listen to me carefully: when it comes to love, the internet is not your friend. in the near future, look for the post that's all about how the internet has destroyed romance in our age.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree about the internet dating....
it is distant and lonely.

and people lie.

we will find love...there is hope

devious said...

thing is, skype isn't even an internet dating thing... i'd expect the crazies if it was. i didn't know you could chat with it until it was running and the first stranger messaged me. i just wanted free long distance. :p

things they come up with these days... hahaha.

the speech of the Joads in Grapes of Wrath is creeping into the way I talk. I think I am in love... with this book. Steinbeck is just so good at describing togetherness of people. he's kind of got humanity pegged.

somebody come burst my bubble... did he belong to any secret organizations? a closet wife-beater?

yelsel said...

HAHA at last YOU posted the same entry TWICE! you always make fun of ME for doing that. HAHA. that makes my day. well actually, i was having a pretty good day already, but so that makes it continue to blossom.

sorry to read about your nausea. bummer.

devious said...

I did? weird...
I actually do it all the time, but then I usually notice and remove the offending duplicate.

I'm ever so happy that my mistakes bring you such joy. :p jerk