Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PUPPYTIME!!!

the betting is now closed. but I still want your name-suggestions.

Puppies have been being born since late this morning!! I can't tell you how many there are yet, because Fiona is being very protective and secretive in the deepest darkest corner of her doghouse. I know there are at least 3 because I heard three distinct complaining sounds. But then I had to go to school, so I think there were probably more puppies after that.

I just looked in on them, and fiona seems fine. wary. very busy and not interested in me at all. which is too bad because i wanted to unclip her leash.

the crying sounds were much more stifled than before, which means she's probably started feeding them and has them well protected from the cold.

she's going to be a good mama.

we're having a blizzard here today.

UPDATE: 9:10pm
I just checked on them again, and everyone is sleeping quietly including mama fi.

The picture above is the best I can do. I actually took it around noon, and if you look really, really close you can see some little legs and paws.

14 comments:

yelsel said...

congratulations to all :)

YAY!

Anonymous said...

Wooot!
Excellent. You're a double grandma.

devious said...

I can't wait until they are big enough to play with! :D

thanks anne, for not calling me a great-gramma!

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure if you could take it, in your elderly, rickety state. ;)

devious said...

thanks.

jerk. :p

Amanda Bonner said...

whoo hoo! puppies! so exciting :). i had a sort of shitty day, but this has made it so much better. can't wait for pics.

if anne's bugging you, i could probably take her :P

Anonymous said...

Yikes!
Yeah, she so could take me.

Fortunately, the rules of honorable conduct forbid her to hit me, since I wear glasses. Phew.

devious said...

i have one not-terrible picture that i post as soon as blogger will stop it's little hissy fit.

check back tomorrow for more puppy fun! ah hahaha... such a nerd i am.

devious said...

hahahahaha... ok nevermind ME being a nerd!!

you two are way more nerds than me!!!!

can you even believe how bad my grammars is getting?

Anonymous said...

yeah!
I see a paw!

devious said...

good eye melissa!!

if you look just to the left of the paw, there is a black tail with a trademark Fiona (R) white blob on the end.

at least we know who the mama is ;) haha

nighty night folks, I'm toast.

Amanda Bonner said...

anne, anne, anne. i throw down the (knitted) gauntlet and you hide behind cliches?! *sigh.

i see the little pink puppy paw too. soooooo cute.

nerdy? yes, i'm afraid so, though i actually prefer the identity category of "geek". *ahem.

Amanda Bonner said...

oh, and becks ... "proper" grammar is just a tool of hegemony. i consider creative grammar to be a site of resistance to the systems of power that enforce normalcy. fuck hegemony; make up your grammar at will :P

what was i saying about being a geek?

oh, and for all intents and purposes when it comes to my *students' grammar, they think i toe the party line.

devious said...

you gotta know the rules before you can break the rules. right?

i want the puppies to be BIGger so I can PLAY with them! arg. i am NOT patient. unless patient is a verb. then I am. because my actions are patient... even if my feelings aren't.