
FIVE PUPPIES!
I have really enjoyed the suspense of the last few days. makes me think if i ever have puppies of my own (ie human puppies), i might not want to find out the sex before they're born.
UPDATE:
due to the influence of my family, I say now SIX PUPPIES! If you look between the two rightmost pups, you can see a bit of a bum and a bit of a head. so... yeah. it looks like six.
will the excitement never end?
Friday nights in the land of no-bar, no-café really kinda suck.
i didn't do my drawings yesterday or today, so now i gotta do 3 tomorrow. i think this piling-up of undone homework is a good motivation for me. keeps me from too much procrastination. mostly i find i am just lacking interesing and easy articles to draw.
I'll leave you with this quotation i stumbled across in my non-100 Years reading. It's from Voltaire, whom I fully intend to read for real.
"What to say to a man who tells you he prefers to obey God than to obey men, and who is consequently sure of entering the gates of Heaven by slitting your throat?" - Voltaire
7 comments:
aww. they're beautiful! i wish i was there.
i'd bear the cold to get out of this frickin cubicle!
Tooooo cute!
me too! come visit! get an aeroplan card already :p
i want to put them in my pockets and take them to school to play with when i'm bored.
Using mel's inuktitut dictionary, here are some more name possibilities. These are suitable meanings, and pronounceable by me. Obviously which words fit will depend on the little beasties' personalities....
(I am pleased/amazed that the word for cat is "pussi". I'm guessing cats didn't arrive until English did?)
(Also there is a word for "visiting and expecting food"?)
naak or naark or naartok, for belly or fat belly.
ungayok, for affection
ikayorte, for altar-boy
kisaut, for anchor
anernerk, for angel (I love the sound of anernerk! Like laughing in the back of class, not angelic at all.)
otok, for basking seal (hee hee)
umilik, for bearded one
suliwok, for is-busy
immuyak, for butter
kapik, for coffee
alukpok, for licks-with-tongue
okkroktok, for rusty
tallikut or talluak, for shield
nakungayok, for squints
ublureak, for star (could call her ubi)
nukilik, for is-strong
amak, for play tag
tiglikte, for theif
kinguyok, for tips over
alornerk, for underfeet
payok, for wrestles
OHMYGOD!!! HAHAHA!
when you said there should be word for 'visiting and expecting food' it made me think of what they usually meant when they wanted to "visit." oh... funny stories.
AND, yes, cats didn't arrive until white people came... and I do have the funny story of little kids who didn't speak english wanting to come play with triscuit, my parents' cat,... 'can i see your ...?'
Oh, the fun we have with language.
A small tip, the inuktitut featured in this dictionary was compiled by a dude in the Yukon, and so is one of the western dialects. there are similarities, but, for example, while the dictionary says "mikittok" means small, here we say, "mikiyook". but then amaroq means wolf everywhere.
friggin', 16 dialects is too many!
i'm always surprised by how *small puppies (and kittens) are when they're first born!
anne: that's an impressive perusal of the inuktitut dictionary!
alornerk -- i think it's my fav.
they are really precious.
I just want to cuddle them... hope that you can soon!
Post a Comment