sometimes i am very very slow. i think i am more naïve than your average bear, too.
so yesterday was tedious and i had way too much time to think. i read a bunch, too, and now i'm about halfway or a bit more through 100 Years. but after my eyes got tired of candlelight and i'd exhausted the ears of those reachable by telephone, i still had hours of dead time in the darkness. i guess ruminating can be good as long as you're thinking about good stuff or productive stuff.
fiona is close i think. for real this time. she only nibbled her food, and only then because i sprinkled formula on top of it, and she lurves the formula. and another thing, she keeps yelping and trying to bite her bum. which is entertaining as hell, but i think she's having some puppy-moving feelings. poor pup. she has no idea what hell is about to rip her open.
not that i know any better than she does, but at least i've heard of it before.
i said hell twice in that other paragraph.
my world is shifting, lines are being redrawn, and I don't care. i think i'm only half here anymore. how present can you feel when you can't spill your guts face-to-face? my private world is increasing. maybe i am entering an introspective or introverted phase. i switch off, intro/extro every 8 years or so.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think it is funny that fiona is biting her butt! Imagine if humans did that! (oh... bad metal image).
I sometimes wonder if our generation and others that grew up with all this technology, would be smarter if we lived in the "dark" more and had to do a little more thinking instead of the media telling us what to think.
mental image....oops!
haha... she can't actually reach it. she sort of barks at it and chomps her jaws, and then she sits and licks it.
i just went out to check on her, and she's holed up in her doghouse, she only came out once onto her "porch" to say hi and then she went back in.
i bet there'll be puppies by morning!!! yee-haw! i already sort of warned that i might not be in if there are new puppies... although we're coming into exams the end of the week, so i shouldn't skip.
Puppiiiiess!
I'm glad they didn't come when your power was out. It kind of amazes me that the village wouldn't have its own electrician. Like, as a government funded standard position that ever town needs -- someone who can turn the lights and heat back on!
I agree with melissa - funny to imagine F nipping at her butt, thinking "ow! stop hurting! I will bite you!". A confusing few hours ahead for her.
It's snowing here now; big fat flakes blowing straight sideways in the downtown wind. Had some very good garlic bread last night, so now am not fit for human company. (unless they've also had the garlic bread). I'm going to the Goat, where I think they will be accepting of my smell.
I hope the puppy-coaxing is going well! Awaiting an update.
Post a Comment