Thursday, January 25, 2007

best pics yet!!




you can clearly see four distinct puppies. there might be one more tucked away in there. sorry to shannon and melinda who voted for 3 and 2... better luck next time :)

i am please to see that at least two of them have fiona's colouring and markings! yay!!

let's see.... exams started today. i had a handful of kids come for extra help. in spite of a coffee and a hot chocolate, i could barely stay awake this morning. i am going to bed right after CSI tonight.

you know, i really do apologize for the shitty quality of these pics. I'm tarnishing my reputation as a photographer by posting these POS shots. but it's fucking cold here, and i don't want to expose the pups to -25 degree weather when they've only been living a couple of days. and i'd have to disturb the snow that's on top of the doghouse, reducing the insulation in the long term. so be patient. they don't do much at this age, anyway.

8 comments:

yelsel said...

oh my goodness, i didn't realize melinda voted! that's so funny and adorable. she's super :)

that's a lovely picture. thank you for exposing them to the viewing public. don't apologize, we understand ;)

devious said...

yeah, it was nice of her to vote. there's people who read this thing and never say a peep!

OK, after I justed these last two update pics, I can stop apologizing for my crummy pics. they aren't really any better, but I'm getting better at "fixing". :D

Anonymous said...

They are going to be so cute; it hurts to think about it! These little bits are so tantalizing.

Hey, so our car got broken into. Caps caught the guy, though (chased him down with a cop car!) and he didn't get away with anything as far as we know. It was actually a cop that had come into the store and played Pylos with me a few times, too! So, must replace window. Suck.

And it's S's birthday -- Friday -- he turns 30! We are now both not to be trusted.

Anonymous said...

They look like they have grown already!!!
Wow.

I agree.... keep them warm and cozy and we will see then when they are ready.

devious said...

I KNOW ANNE. I want to PLAY with them. frikkin' blizzards... but at least they don't do very much interesting yet.

I do want to pick them up and check their equipment though. I've got lots of homes for boy puppies, but nobody really wants the girls.

Anonymous said...

so beautiful. i love them all!
i'm looking for that inuktitut dictionary. i don't know what cookiout means yet.

fat is tunnu.
beaming because of praise is qaqa. (but some might think s/he constantly takes dumps)
beautiful is piujuq.
darling is kuluq.

i found an inuktitut dictionary online at http://explorenorth.com/articles/inukdict2.htm so that might be interesting.

McCaig said...

SO CUTE..makes we want a puppy..er wait a minute, not quite yet. :) I can't believe there were 5 little pups all crammed inside. Life is pretty amazing. Beck - I wish you much sleep as you care for your new little ones. ;)

devious said...

thanks hen :) i'm so happy that fiona is the primary caregiver... she's such a good mama.

and mel, good names! i'm favouring piujuq for one of them... i like the way it feels in my mouth. and it's easy to call.