Wednesday, November 01, 2006

camels and river beds

wtf? that's all I can say. WTF!?

another day, another mood. I swear, my moods change more quickly than the tides! nah, that's such an understatement. I can feel a full moon coming on.

I worked my students so hard today. Kids who were five minutes late (usually I would wait, and they wouldn'T even be marked late) walked in to find we had already started and they had to play catch up. I plan to keep this up until they start arriving on time. I don't give a fig-diddle if they're still in their pjs.

Also, I sent Ms.Chatty out of class. She just wouldn't shut up. next time, I will have a special chair outside the room where I can send her so she doesn't wander the halls. She will have to play catch up. she seemed really mad that she would have to stay there, and she said, "and if I don't?" so I said the next step was the office. For the first time ever, she shut up. Now, I could have done this in sept, and it wouldn't have worked. I think my two months here, and my purple hair, help my words to carry weight. I've explained it enough different ways that I think I have actually exhausted all of her reasons why she should be allowed to say whatever she wants whenever she wants.

perspective: I was called a fucking bitch three times today. well, they have the bitch part right... but MAN, is this town dry!

in art, the 12s are beginning a print-making unit. they are designing their own prints, making the stencils, and producing copies. I have allowed 2 weeks, but it will probably take three. maybe i will post some of their work if they say ok. there might even be prints for sale if they choose to sell some off to raise money. who knows... i have some wicked artists in my 12 class.

also, i have found a fantastic carver for jewelry... I will post pics of my new rings and earrings etc if you would like to see.

i made cinnamon buns tonight, and went to bad-ass badminton. it was fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Good.

Tonight was Halloween for us. I was Zombie Carmen Miranda. Spencer was a Pastamancer (wizard hat plus creepy mask plus pasta spoon). Got all these at S&R's post-Halloween sale for cheap. (I saw Elaine while I was there, too.)

At Mintaur, no party, but special candy goody bags for everyone at Games Night. With Kinder Surprise Eggs -- which turned out to be a HUGE hit. The toys were good, and some of the boys were shooting the little plastic eggs at each other, everyone laughing. It was the best vibe we've had at Games Night in a while.

Sounds like there's a good vibe happening up there too... sounds like you're casting off the cloud of your micromanagey administrator, getting your mojo back.
:)

devious said...

Anne, I am suddenly concerned... is the vibe less good at minotaur than before? ;9

I think what has happened is that I no longer give a fuck. Which, ironically, is producing better results than when I was giving... you know?