ok. on to business. I believe I promised rings and pendants today:

(to be read in the fashion of Bob Barker's announcer-guy) first of the blocks is a lovely inukshuk pendant, lovingly carved out of either green onyx or soapstone. i dunno. i will ask when next i see the carver. i have seen soapstone this colour, but it feels harder and less 'soapy' than soapstone usually feels.

next, we have an ivory ring. *see yesterday's note about arctic ivory if that bothers you*
it was extremely cheap, and as you can see has a pretty rough and rugged appearance. in fact, the ring is not even approaching a perfect circle. but then, if you know me, you know I'm not much into perfection. or completion, for that matter.

now this is the ring I wear everyday. it fits, fittingly, on my ring finger. ta-da! i requested it especially. I don't really understand my fascination with belugas, except maybe that they are big, white whales, sort of how I feel sometimes. no, I'm not calling me fat. nah, seriously, belugas are beautiful. i like 'em. check out the incredible detail. when i'm down at christmas, i'll let you take a real close look. eyes, even a mouth. incredible. this one was a bit pricier, but still very reasonable, for a ring.

finally, a teeny ring for my pinky finger. this one has a beluga head. i hope the pic is clear enough for you to see the detail.
OK. Well, I guess that's it. I am tired and my legs are buzzing. i also have a sinus headache, which is not usual for me. it's because of this awkward half-winter we're having. I'll explain: see, at minus 10 - 15 degrees, my eyes and nose water terribly. colder than that, my nose doesn't water for some reason, and my eye lashes just collect ice. but when i feel drippiness, my instinct is to sniff (it's mostly saline, anyway, what will it hurt?) but see the sniffing is bad. it forces nasal saline into my sinuses, creating pressure and pain. my friend said she will give me drugs if it doesn't clear on its own in a day or two.
Tomorrow I may climb a mountain to see the sun.
I keep mentioning Cuba in conversations. I have never really wanted to go there, but I really feel it calling me lately... bizarre.
5 comments:
the purple is gone!
Oh that is sad. what colour is next?
for now, brown. i don't have any more dyes here. :(
but after christmas, I plan to be perpetually punk.
i'm excited aboutt he perpetual punk.
thanks for calling me the other day by the wayl.
me too!! I hope I am ballsy enough to really have a fantastic hairstyle. it was a pleasure to talk to you (both of you!) it is true what another friend of mine said recently... you don't feel so far away when we talk on the phone.
Post a Comment