Purple hair doesn't make me invincible. :P
There is a full moon here on November 5. Things are already getting hairy.
Here is an update of the conditions on the ground:
- It is currently about minus 3 during the daytime. The temperature is forecast to drop to minus 20 by Sunday.
- The sun rose this morning at 7:22 and set at 2:51 this afternoon, but the entire town is in perpetual shadow since a few weeks. The last time I stood in direct sunshine was last Saturday when we hiked to the end of the Road to Nowhere. It felt wonderful.
- Total snow accumulation as of today: 0cm. This is the first Halloween on the books without snow. Still don't believe in global warming?
- The northern lights have been incredible. It has been interesting to walk home from school in the afternoon and get a cramp in my neck from staring at the sky.
Tomorrow is Friday, and I can't wait.
I have a new friend, and she is cynical like me. It is good that there is someone to be sarcastic with, because sometimes things here are just so bizarre.
I haven't cooked a real meal in several days. I don't really know why, I just haven't felt like cooking. Tonight I ate chips and salsa, Halloween chocolate bars, and the last few spoonsful of Haagen Daaz smoothie. Oops. Part of the issue is that I haven't really bought any groceries. I won't lie to you - it is weird. I should cook. I'm even craving real food. This is my first evening at home all week, and I cheaped out of a fundraiser at the school to get it!
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow, sunset at 2:51? that blows the big one. crappy.
today, sunrise at 7:25. sunset at 2:48.
I feel like I have not cooked in a while lately as well. Here have been my meals for the last few days.
Tues - carrots and potatoe
Wed - pizza
Thurs - mac and cheese
Fri - fried egg and leftover chinese from laney
And about 24 cookies inbetween!
Food update: I bought the fixin's to make a beef stew. I am going to go put it on and let it simmer all the livelong day.
Why do we do this to ourselves?
Post a Comment