thursday already... short week here! tomorrow there is no real school, but we have parent-teacher interviews. I'm a little bit nervous. I don't have any enemies among my students, but you never know when a parent is going to have unreasonable expectations or an irrational dislike of teachers or white people, or women or whatever. Plus there is always this strange fear that someone someday will discover that I have no business being a teacher. I'm sure it will be fine.
i made a supper here for the PE teacher and his roommate. they are fun. i made a pork tenderloin with greek rice and greek salad and stuff. it was good. polished off a bit of the captain, too. PE picked a fight with me about whether the good kids from the good families should get the benefits from the school because we know they will give a good return for the investment, or whether the hard-workers from shabby backgrounds should get some perks because it will make more of a difference. he was pro-good-kid, i was pro-rough-kid. duh. he told me i was being idealistic. as if i could have any idealism left in me after the last town! anyway, after a few minutes of verbal sparring, sib starts smirking. PE likes to argue just for the argument. the asshole probably agrees with me, but picked a fight because he loves an argument. and you know, when i say asshole, it is with affection. PE and roommate are two of my favourite people in town.
i would really like to go on a date. where are all the men?
I'm sorry that there have been no pictures of late. Partly nothing is happening, partly I've already shown you pictures of almost everything there is to photograph, and partly it is dark here. Hard to take pictures in darkness.
Update:
sunrise today: 8:14, while I'm on my way to school.
sunset: 2:01, the beginning of 6th period at school
total: 5h45 of daylight.
I won't say sunlight because I have not seen the sun since the Saturday after I returned from badminton. it's because of the mountains. That's nearly a month. it is supposed to return sometime mid-February.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
glad that you have someone to argue with!
sunrise 7:04am
sunset 4:38pm
it had been raining a lot! it is amazing how the weather can make you feel like crap. can't imagine what it is like not seeing the sun.
so you all have 9h34 of daylight - nearly twice mine!! lucky ducks!
i hate crappy rainy novembers.. at least here, it comes as snow instead of rain. but we really don't have very much snow. people are still on ATVs instead of snow machines.
today: 8h18 until 1h58
total: 5h40
the comfort of such rapidly shortening days is that in January, the days will lengthen just as rapidly.
Post a Comment