Friday, November 24, 2006

latinos

well I suppose I ought to write something.

what a week. I am so happy to sleep in tomorrow morning. and fiona should be cooling off in the next couple of days. then i can leave her outside where she belongs all night, and no longer worry about waking up the caveman next door.

today two of my art students blew my mind. two of the 12s worked together to design a new print, then they each made one print from the stencil. they used identical materials, shared paints that they mixed, and came up with two unique and extremely well-done prints from the same set of stencils. then, one of them went further, and began working on a set of stencils to make postcards for sale to tourists in the summer. this guy with no teeth (usually a bad predictor for the future here) started getting really excited and positively chattered to me about how he loves loves loves art. (his words).

I have gotten this sort of review about my art classes from three different sources this week... my troublemakers in math 10 told my principal how much they love art, the principal's wife told me that she's heard it from several students, and I heard a grade eight student whine to one of my tens how she was jealous - art must be so much fun!! :D

I love that they love it. But I need to buy shares in a throat lozenge company. They ask so many questions! I have to talk, non-stop, every class! And my name.... oh god.... it rings in my ears! beck-EE!

chin-up-date: I did my chin-up letdowns, my benchpress, and my bicep curls. I even got so far as lifting my legs while letting myself down slowly. It helps with the chin-up to curl up your legs. I am really strengthening my core. tomorrow is a rest day. gotta let my muscles grow.

No comments: