If you can't say something nice...
I spent tonight watching the Princess Bride. It really is a funny little movie.
So I've been thinking about invincibility and its opposite. And also about anger. See, I think I'm somebody who gets angry quickly. I don't really know why... it could be genetic, or the family I grew up in, or early experiences of frustration and injustice. Can't really say the why, but I am seeing this in myself. What is really unfortunate about it is that it's something that really hurts me the most. It's hard to keep a positive outlook on things when I get angry so quickly. Apparently, venting isn't healthy after all, but expressing is. Such a tricky balance to express without getting carried away.
I wish I could calm myself better, so that the rudeness I meet everday (guaranteed in a high school) would not get under my skin and make me unhappy. I am trying to make it a priority to breathe. :P I feel silly telling you all this - you probably all know this about me already.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Were you just describing yourself, or me? I have seen some of that in you, have you seen it in me? On a lighter note, TIm just brought me back a really cute little Coach purse from New York!! Barbie would love it!
haha!! do you know, I never was never as good at analysing other people as I am myself. but now you mention it, it does bring you into a bit clearer focus.
oh Laney, I miss you! :)
Now is where I ask the embarrassing question: What is a Coach purse?
Coach is a brand of fancy purse -- google it! Very Sex and the City. (or in the city? I can't remember the name of the show)
Did you see? Did you see the results of the US election?!?!? Did you see that something went right, just barely, for once in the last 7 years? Jeeks. I can hardly believe it. I might be able to go home again this summer without just hanging my head *all* the time.
Post a Comment