OK.
The debate is on... stay or go or go home. I know I've said I will leave at the end of this year. I say a lot of things. Let's not jump to any conclusions.
I have been comfortable (ie willing) to move far from home to work, as long as I have considered it temporary. This last move was reluctant - I wouldn't have moved if I'd had a real job. I am dichotomized. I love home, I miss Kingston when I'm not there. I actually consider it home now. It's where I go to lick my wounds and it's where I jump off from. BUT. It is small, and the job market is smaller. And I did hate supplying - it was enough to make me leave, just as the work here is what tempts me to stay.
Lalala, who knew I would become so attached to work? I used to hate it. I used to live for weekends.
Montreal would be cool... so would Quebec. A big city means I would need to figure out what to do with my dogs... the ongoing problem. And moving to a new city by myself is hard. Let's not pretend it isn't. I did check out some teacher-job websites yesterday, and despite the rumoured massive teacher shortage in quebec, I could find only a handful of jobs, mostly in teh north.
So... I will keep thinking. Not ruling anything out just yet, but thinking.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment