Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yesterday's Wine

We have snow. The temperature is supposed to plummet over the next day or so, so I think it might even be here to stay. Right now there is about 2 - 3 inches of powder. Almost enough to ski. Enough, if you hate your skis and don't mind destroying the base.

I finally watched Brokeback Mountain last night. I don't know why I never watched it before. I think probably I am just a passive comsumer of movies and TV and the like. Books I will seek out, and sometimes movies, but mostly I just take what comes my way. In any case, now that I have seen it, I feel like my understanding has increased some. Those two desperate characters just about made me cry. OK, they did make me cry. And once again, I find myself astonished that there are ever pairs of people who are able to overcome all the shit in their lives and really be together. Hm. Sounds a bit sentimental. Oh well. It was as fantastic a love story as I have ever seen on screen.

Yesterday was my two-month anniversary of arriving here. This morning was the two-month anniversary of waking up in my child-sized bed. Stupid fucking child-sized bed. I almost fell out of it last night. Two months later, yes, the washer is still broken. Grr. We are sending a letter.

Oh. There might be somewhere for me to move to. It is a much smaller apartment to be shared with someone with a lot of stuff. There is no back door. I am unsure. The last thing I want is to end up in a worse situation. But, the communication lines are open with this person, so we would be able to communicate problems and solutions. In other words, probably a good roommate in a bad apartment. We shall see.

No comments: