Wednesday, November 08, 2006

groundless and free

first, a big nod to my patron saint of perpetual dynamite for again triggering something in me. I have created a new term, and the term is SEPARATION FATIGUE.

Separation fatigue refers to the state of being so tired of being separated from the most important people, places and things in your life that you sort of go numb. Sort of a repetitive stress for feelings. ;)

Not that I am feeling numb. Just a bit calloused about missing you all. :( Also I am more immediately sad since this weekend will be somewhat disappointing for me: my new friend is working all weekend, so we won't hang out, and my good buddy the PE teacher is going out of town to coach the boys soccer team. Why is it that the person I have most connected with since arriving here is a retired newfie who tells me dirty jokes and "harasses" me. He is a good guy, and I like how he makes me laugh.

btw Les, your blog might have THE best name ever. How in the heck did you come up with that??

a moon
that's the color of bone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well.... how many days until you come home?
I want to have a warm drink afternoon get together, in which we drink warm drinks of all kinds with various kinds of alcohol in them. I was thinking that i would make marshmellows in the shape of snowflakes to top it all off.

something to look forward too. I will be spending the weekend, reading and reaserching wishing that I could be hanging out with the friends.

I know what you mean about les's blog title. I attempted to create a blog the other day and was not satisfied any of the names that I came up with. Les has set the bar. I have to say that yours is pretty spectacular as well.

give a call on the weekend if you want a friend to talk to.... i will be around.

yelsel said...

heeheehee, you girls are funny. geez, i think i'm blushing. i like you like my blog name so much. its funny, no one has ever really asked me how i came up with that name. i have a rule that i won't tell unless people ask. sometimes people say "where did you come up with that name?" and i say "my head". someone thought it was because of napolean dynamite, let just tell you, there's no such connection. if you really want to know i'll tell ya, but i'm afraid knowing my train of thought may take away some of its appeal.

anyway, seperation fatigue, good term. you're a smart lady.

can i join you for the hot drinks with alcohol afternoon? i was thinking this morning about that night at your going away party when i was slugging back the purple hazes. hahahaa.

love you

devious said...

yay warm booziness!!

just remember: we need to go out on the town, too. I gets lots of sit-on-the-couch time up here on my iceberg!