Wednesday, November 15, 2006

boots to you

I took a sick day this afternoon. I know, it sounds exciting. Really it isn't. Although I did watch the Pink Panther for the first time ever. It was different than I expected. I love the music. I can remember watching the opening sequence of the movie as a kid, but I never watched the whole thing.

I have become a TV watcher this year. It's not my fault. I wouldn't have started except Wingman apparently can't live without the TV on. It really annoyed me at first, but now I've been assimilated. I think, if I ever get this fucking house to myself, I will not turn on the TV. I will miss my shows. And I will be ok with it. I hate that I have shows.

the reason it was only a sick afternoon is that i had a field trip to the print shop with my 12s. we went to check out how they do stenciling and stuff. it was cool, even though the artist was half an hour late and we only got a 20 minute explanation. still, he offered to do a lino-cut workshop with them next friday afternoon. which will be fantastic. i'll be sure to tell you how it went.

something interesting is that I am starting to get back into my own art a little bit. as soon as wingman's houseguest leaves next week, I am taking that spare room back as my own, and changing it into my 'studio.' I know, how pretentious. :P haha. seeing the workspace that those artists at the shop have just about makes me drool though... so nice to have that open space with the materials all laid out, just begging for you to pick up a blade or a brush and begin.

wow. It has been a mentally uneventful day. Sick days might be good for my body, but boredom makes me crazy.

No comments: