Sunday, November 26, 2006

the arrival of freeze

when i get sick, i get morose and broody. i can't help it. i don't cope well with boredom and pain and boredom. i have slept all i can sleep. i know i won't be working tomorrow. sick days are wasted on the sick.

i wish i had something deep and thought-provoking to write, but my brain is all clotted with sickness.

television is so awful for my brain. i can feel it rotting. i should turn it off, but then i will be totally alone with my boredom.

because of my sickness, i didn't go to school today. so i didn't do my weights. but i think it's ok to skip weights if walking up the stairs makes me dizzy and my legs burn.

i am reading Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam. It's pretty good. I am about 6/7 of the way through, but I am finding myself annoyed. there were 4 protagonists at the beginning, 3 guys and one girl, all trying to become doctors. at first they said a lot about the girl, but there has been hardly any reference to her since the first couple chapters. she has become an object in the story, instead of a main character.

perhaps she will take a more pivotal role in the remaining sliver. In any case, I like reading about familiar places when I am far away from them.

i have been craving dill pickle chips for over 24 hours now. I think I will go try to substitute an authentic dill pickle for the elusive dill pickle chips. that's the thing with cravings... substitutions don't always work, and then you end up eating everything available to try to quell the craving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving all your recent posts! Even though you're sick (boy, you get sick a lot up there, eh?), it sounds like things are going incredibly well. In 40 years there will be several old artists in town who remember your class as the time when they first found art as a lifelong passion and a thing they were good at. That is awesome.

I've been in DC for several days for American Thanksgiving - sorry I didn't say so before we went. It was really good, good people and food. I have a renewed vigorous plan for my diss; I cleaned up my horrifying messy desk and tomorrow's the first day. :)

devious said...

do you know, I meant to nod at American Thanksgiving (btw I love that you specify it's the American type, because it really is a special late case of Thanksgiving, which everyone knows arrives in October).

anyway, I forgot. somewhere between thinking of it during the day and writing my post, I forgot about A T, even though the TV is being so obnoxious about it.

I'm glad you had such a good time!

PS I get sick so much because of school. I try to wash my hands a lot, but people (teachers and students) are just rude about staying home when they are sick. and it's so dry that over-washing my hands means they crack and bleed.