If me staying up here would make you sad, then SMILE! This is my last year in the north.
Our superintendent is in town. You know the kind of guy... he works for your boss, approves (or not) your leaves, has input in your evaluation and has the power to fire you. But still, he says he is here to help you. As long as you are doing everything right, and never have a bad thought.
I'm afraid I have had a difficult day, topped by another meeting, and I just can't hide my disgust at this place and job. I am actually a bit afraid, in case this time it doesn't improve. For the first time, I am really afraid that I won't be able to teach after this. I just have no patience left. The weekend-weekday dichotomy is upon me.
What I want is a job that lets me enjoy my weekends, but not live for them. I have just had a good weekend, but it's only Monday and i want to quit. Bad sign, I'm thinking.
One of my students just came over for supper. Well, she isn't really one of my students, since I don't teach her at all. But she's a good kid and she hangs out in my classroom a lot. This morning she dropped in to my math class to tell me she was coming for spaghetti tonight at 6:30. She had worked out the deal with Wingman. Anyway, she gave me a pair of earrings that her grandpa carved. They are pretty little ulus (the woman's knife).
Oh, something else funny today: sheet... cain't ruhmember.
bittersweet, this place.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are up there to save some money, give your dogs good air and good running, take a break from the specific kinds of crap you found down here. No teaching job, no stable home, etc. Being north is temporary; it's a chance to connect with some kids, which it sounds like you're doing. It can also be a chance to think about your next move when you come south.
You're not wasting time.
So what was this meeting?
thanks Annie. I know, I really do. I am trying to bridge the gap between reality and my emotional state.
it was a meet-the-boss staff thing. no warning, runs way over time, spend most of its time on the things we do wrong. really nothing worth thinking about or dwelling on.
i AM smiling.
like this :D
Post a Comment