I didn't take any pictures today. Instead I was locked into the art classroom, organizing, most of the afternoon. I did get a lot done; I can tell because the room looks worse now than it did before.
I will be doing art in the science room for the first week or so. I just don't have time to do my planning and preparation as well as inventory and reorganization of what I know believe to be the best-equipped art room in the country. Today I found metal etching and batiking materials. Also materials to make our own candles. I think I've finally tracked down all the bits of the kiln and everything I need to work it. Except the how-to book. I ain't touching that thing until I find a book that tells me how to work it and how not to burn off my eyebrows!! or set fire to a school which has already burned two or three times.
Tonight Wingman and I had a supper here for some of the other teachers. The two young couples, actually. It's weird... both couples are high school sweethearts where the man is not working and the woman is teaching at the school. I really should pack up and move out. But now it comes down to it, i realize that i'm not going have problems because of the male roommate thing, and Wingman is a good roommate... I guess I don't actually want to move out. :P Also I have no dishes here yet, so cooking will be a challenge.
I don't have it in me this year to be liked by everyone. There are a couple of people who i think will be lots of fun, and i'm excited to hang out with them. but i don't want any high-maintenance friends this year. haha.. maybe I'm the high-maintenance one.
Tomorrow is the first day of classes. Wish me luck!
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sending you many good thoughts your way as you head off to your first day of school tomorrow, beckie.
about housing...does that mean that you are not moving out of the house that wingman and you are living in currently?
I miss the pictures....whenever I see them I actually say, "OOOOh Ahhhhhhh".
I will be thinking of you lots
Belatedly, good luck! But obviously you don't need it. Sounds like it went great.
-A
Plus, it's not surprising at all that you want to keep hanging out with the only person in town you know, and who has plates.
I'm glad you've found a few other people you like.
And hey, is that high-maintenance friend crack supposed to be about us Kingstonians?!
-a
haha NO!
My housing status is that I am "in the process of moving out". But yeah... eventually I'll be living in my private mansion, alone. :P
the principal asked me yesterday if I would consider living with a retired couple. Um... NO? I don't want to live with a couple, period. Especially a couple who are my parents' age. I moved out a long time ago...
Post a Comment