Friday, September 29, 2006

les baleines!!!


day o' fun!

you gotta love the orange inter-galactic firefighter suits, eh?


i'm still fluish, but i couldn't not go today, so i went. it was really good. only 5 minutes out we came across two bowhead whales - mama and baby. i got a few decent pics, but i lost more than i got because of that stupid delay! I neeeeed to get me an SLR! but I am content because I can replay my memory as much as I like. I only feel sad for you all because you can't live my memories.


we took a wonderful tour of the sound just outside the fjord. we saw some seals - one that i spotted myself! we cooked some soup and tea on the boat and had sandwiches. our guides told us some of the history of the area - where campsites were and which families used them for what (seal hunting, caribou hunting, fishing etc.) it was really great.

it is such an amazing feeling to be the one who spots the seal or the whale. you get the buzz of seeing such awesome animals, but you also get a little gloat bubble where you feel like you're some kind of genius. i know it isn't logical, but who cares? another thing I really like is eating warm food outside. it gets really cold on a boat on the arctic ocean (as one of my colleagues likes to repeat) but just a little bit of warm food does so much to warm you.


sort of like a phone call from a good friend. thanks for the chat, mel :)

I also want to send a quick shout-out to my gal-pal Laney Bear. I didn't forget your birthday!!! HAPPY 28TH!! Tu me manques!! *pinch*pinch*

No comments: