Thursday, September 07, 2006

beatles

ta-dA!



This morning I was awakened at 6:13 by the light coming through my bedroom window because THE SUN CAME OUT. Right out. None of this oooh-I'm-so-shy-maybe-I'll-come-out-no-I'm-too-shy stuff. Right out. Like people who sky-write marriage proposals or gay men who wear tinselly clothes. Out there.

Anyway, there's a pic of what I saw this morning when I stepped out onto the back porch. :) jealous? haha

Don't be envious, I pay for the view with my $2 cans of pop and $10.69 bag of oranges. We need another teacher - you could come share my view!!

OK, what else... oh yeah, one of my colleagues brought over two bags of random junk food. He's concerned I'll melt away to nothing until my food arrives by sealift. I tried to remind him that there are stores in town where I can and do buy food, but he seemed so sure he wanted to share. so rather than risk offending him, I took some chocolate and some cereal. He's not a good cook he says, so maybe I'll teach him to cook something. If you want a mental picture, imagine Frank from M*A*S*H*. But he has a totally different personality.

It looks like Wingman and I will be getting a divorce. He's probably going to take a different unit, and I'll stay here and the new teacher (hopefully female) will move in with me. I hope s/he likes dogs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome awesome view. Damn, woman. (So, while I love these pictures, I am getting the feeling like you just sit in your living room and look out. I'm sure this is illusory, and that you've broken out the fuzzy sweaters and walked around.)

Hey, hey! Girly livin'!

Is this food-bringing colleague sweet on you, or just nice?

I went to the dentist yesterday. I need to floss more, is the result; two cavities. But the woman who cleaned my teeth has a 12-yr-old son so we spent the whole time talking about what kind of game he might like. (Memoir 44 was the result.) Very much better than when I've had to have that kind of small talk conversation about philosophy! In other news, fluoride still sucks. Plus I got a new toothbrush from her, just like when I was a kid.

I'm working tonight from 4-10 and then again at 9:45 tomorrow morning. But no Beckie. Siigh. :)
-anne

devious said...

hmpf. I take offense. Or, I would take offense if it wasn't partly true. This week I've been taking it a bit easy. I have been out some, just not with the camera. Also I've had a bit of culture shock and I'm still recovering from the insanity of the last month. I've been tired. BUT, I expect everything to change soon.

Also, I hope my colleague isn't sweet on me, since he's married, looks like Frank Burns, and is approaching 50!