I'm seasick before I even get on the boat.
I feel sick. Yesterday my foot was all locked up, today my foot is much better but the rest of me feels like I got steam-rollered overnight. Actually the sick feeling began right after school. After my trip to the post office where I received a postcard (!!! thanks Melissa!!) and the store where I bought such necessities as tortilla chips (!! $6.99!!), chocolate-covered peanuts, pieces of chicken and a loaf of bread, I came home and had a nap.
RARE.
I used to be almost a daily power-napper, but I don't do it anymore. Today though I was so totally spent and I felt cold and my everything hurt, so I curled up on the couch and feel asleep. I drooled. I only drool when I nap... I've never woken from night-sleep with a drooled-on pillow, only nap-drool. I find it strange.
Tomorrow we're supposed to have our staff "cruise." You should remove all notions of cruise luxury from that mental picture. Instead, picture your standard aluminum fishing boat, with wooden boards to make the sides higher, and a plywood hold at the front. Yes, this is our cruise luxury. I hope they give us lifejackets this time. Although I suppose life jackets are a moot point when you'll like lose consciousness in minutes. Don't worry, I don't plan to be in the water. Not even my little toe. And I plan to sit away from the gunwale so's to keep away from the sea spray. It's supposed to rain all day, but at least the winds should be low. I feel like I have the flu, but I think it's just feminine complications. I always seem to get the 'flu then. The results, no matter the cause, feel like flu, and that makes me miserable. Achoo.
oh ya, today was terry fox. wahoo. and also i taught one of my classes how to play Set. Grand success - they loved it. another of my classes has been introduced to Cathedral - another grand success. next time we'll try Stix. I also have blokus to show them. I'm so excited that they're liking these games. it makes leftover time at the end of class so much easier to deal with; also those days when no one can think straight and you just need a break. also they're fun, and kids are so much easier to discipline if they can also have fun with you.
Thursday, September 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the first sentence of this post. I have that analogous feeling all the time... :)
Right now I have to decide whether to go to a philosophy conference involving famous people giving talks about my specific topic. I would have to go alone. In my mental image, it's like walking into the lunch room on the first day of grade 8 and not knowing anybody, feeling like everyone is staring at you.
Email me your postal address. I want to get on the postcard train.
-Anne
you should totally go. don't worry about going alone... the high school feeling is just twisted nostalgia from high school. people aren't like that anymore.
go go go!! i want to hear all about it!
I am going after all! I will not wear my plaid jumper from 8th grade, either, so maybe people will be less likely to stare.
-A
yay!!
I'm expecting a postcard!
good call on the jumper ;)
Post a Comment