Sunday, September 17, 2006

icy cold






Today was the boat trip into the Park. We left a bit late, at high tide, and so when we arrived at the opening to the Park, the tide had gone down enough that we couldn't land. We were a stone's throw away, but oh well. :P Most likely we will go into the park by skidoo in the winter, but we won't see it like this again until spring.

It was a beautiful trip - so many fantastic pics! I have a few for you to see. :) enjoy!

ps it was freezing cold on the boat!! and there was a super thin layer of ICE on the ARCTIC OCEAN. And I got splashed by Arctic Ocean sea spray and it was COLD. Today, I was alive. :D Wish you were here!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beee-u-tee-ful!!!!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous! Wish I had some scenery like that to look at in real life.

devious said...

yeah, it's true, beautiful scenery can make a huge difference.

Anonymous said...

Oh la la, that's incredibly gorgeous! Cool boat trip, and brave too :)

devious said...

haha... no kidding about the bravery! Just as we're pulling away from the town, I realize we don't have any lifejackets! Later on I saw that there were some in the hold, but I guess life jackets are a moot point up here... you'll lose consciousness after only seconds in the water! I expect hypothermia would follow soon after.

I felt much more relaxed when we'd been out on the water awhile. :) and even more when we got home.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!
Wow. Am I right that there's a film of ice forming on some of that water? Damn!
Who took you on the trip?
-A

devious said...

it was a guy who works in one of the stores up here. he's a newfie by birth and upbringing i think.

devious said...

it was a guy who works in one of the stores up here. he's a newfie by birth and upbringing i think.