
So let me now reflect in real time.
Those other posts were just for catch-up. I hope you don't mind me pouring my whirling thoughts into your eyes, but hey - you don't have to read it! I'm a bit overwhelmed, and I don't have any good friends to spill to here, yet.
So.
I want to cry, but it's caught in my throat. I lack my privacy, but I also lack my stability. My principal is trying to find a better living arrangment, so I can't even really settle yet. What if I get everything done for the dogs and then I have to move in a week

As far as Wingman goes, if we do end up continuing to cohabitate, I think it will be fine. Once I get to know him better and he gets to know my own special weirdness, I will be able to relax better and not always worry about what he's thinking. And once my things arrive and I am contributing more to the house, I will also feel less like a guest in my own home. Right now he's taking the lead in everything. It's just easier for me to stand back and let him introduce himself first. Isn't that bizarre? It's like I've crawled back in to the shell I broke out of years ago. I'm withdrawing a little bit. I hope it is just a symptom of the minor culture shock and overwhelming situation. I imagine that I will be myself again soon. I just need to step out on my own a bit more.

These two pictues, sadly similar to one another, were taken on the descent into Iqaluit. The third picture is of a chunk of Iqaluit, including the bright yellow airport.
2 comments:
Love these pictures! I know that feeling of landing in the new place, with all of the possible futures right in your throat as you're touching down and looking at the dull but still portentous airport buildings.
Good that Wingman is a workable housemate. Good also that principal is on the case looking for new housing. Here's hoping that he/she is more competent and honest than the relocation person!
Cool that you have a couple of days before you start in at school. What are you doing with the time? Lesson planning or walking around? Have you met other folks in town yet (are the curiosity seekers coming knocking on your door)? Are you getting a pleasant vibe from them? Or has it just been raining, so you've been cooped up?
Is the air better?
Kate and Shannon are going to Princeton NJ today for the World Old-people's Rowing Extravamaganza. They're rowing in one race Thurs afternoon, and one Fri morning; you can think lucky thoughts for them then. Kate plans to hit the event's dedicated beer garden by noon on Fri. :)
-anne
ooooh.. I hope she dedicates a beer to me!
mmmm.... beer....
Post a Comment