Thursday, September 21, 2006

seriously, you have got to be kidding me

WaCK-O!

You are all very very lucky. I had an enormous rant written about the regulation (micromanagement?) of teachers' worklives, but then I deleted it. who wants to read about the way we are treated like criminals and loafers? i certainly don't want to meditate on it - get my pants in a bunch. i will say that a smile goes a long way, and flexibility should be expected from teachers, admin, students, and parents alike. and i would like some recognition of my humanity. god - who has time for all the stuff they expect us to do in a day?

Now, a real thought: my students were not even born when the Berlin Wall fell. Think about that for a minute. I still remember watching that on TV. They were just being born when I was suffering through the torment of grade 9 and watching the first Gulf War unfold on TV. If I had made different choices, these kids are young enough to be my own children. CREEPY.

I gave them all their first art assignments, and I popped a quiz on one of my math classes. they pissed me off once too often. haha suckers. :D

No comments: