all my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
It's really true, too. My bags and boxes really are packed. I've said my goodbyes to most people. I'm watching "Saving Grace" with my three galfriends: laney, lissa and lesley. I'm surprisingly calm, and it's only 10 pm.
I'm usually up to all hours the night before I go somewhere.
Tomorrow morning the plan is as follows: get up WAY EARLY. Like 4:30 am.
Then, finish packing the car. Then pick up the rest of the caravan, and drive to Ottawa.
It's insane. I used to really like how I would take a taxi to the airport. It was easy... just scrape myself off the sheets in the morning, pour myself into a taxi... by the time I got to the airport, I was mostly awake and I could struggle through security without too much difficulty. I hope that I will be able to drive safely. Perhaps my co-driver will be willing to drive partway since she's always up that early... she rows.
I have to say, I feel really ill-prepared for this trip. I wonder if there is anything major that I've forgotten. I don't think I need anything, papers-wise. It's all electronic ticketage. I guess I'll need ID, but I carry that anyway. That and my credit card should be enough.
It's weird. I feel totally numb. No, not numb... just... I don't know. maybe it hasn't hit me yet that I'm going. Maybe I just don't know what I'm going into, so my brain is just closed. I'm trying to remember if this is how I felt going up last time. I remember crying a lot the day before. The trip up was just such a blur. I had to get up early, then, too. What is it with northern flights leaving at what sounds like a reasonable hour. Until you remember that you live 2 hours away from the airport.
To all my southern buddies.. thank you for all your help over the last year. A lot of you have done a lot for me, and I am very grateful. I will miss you while I'm north, but I will see you at Christmastime. I will be taking a wee break from posting, since I don't know where my next internet connection will come from. Very vagabond of me. Wish I felt brave. :P haha
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
though i said farewell to you two months ago, farewell again. enjoy the north. the horizon, the breathing space, the running space. i'm excited for your dogs. and for you. for having a "real" job. realer than subbing i mean. thanks for the drive to bus that one day. for ice cream the other day. for being my internet buddy in that lovely living room we both squatted in. it's sunday today. i begin school on tuesday. new beginnings cause me to reflect. look back that is. and i see kingston and queens and people like you. or not like you but in the same place as you. or as you were. farewell. good luck. god bless.
Post a Comment