Wednesday, September 20, 2006

limping

had a pretty good day today. picture day. yay, so exciting. :) i'm glad i remembered to put on some makeup today!

we have these tedious meetings every wednesday. i don't like them.

i just read this little article about blogging about work. apparently you can get fired for not being careful what you blog. hm. what are the chances someone from my work will find this site? hopefully slim, because i need to vent sometimes.

my boxes arrived, and so did my parcel of 'dangerous items' that i accidently tried to take in my carry-on and then had to mail to myself. i'm happy to be reunited with my swiss army knife.

in other news... i have offically given up on the man situation in this place. it's always possible someone new will come to town, but as it stands, let's just say this town is dry in more than one way.

there is a cold going around, and i think it is coming around soon. i would love to take a day off tomorrow and just sleep. restore my throat and my nose.

how are they so fast?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for boxes! So soon. I guess you've been gone a while, eh? Things here are so routine that it doesn't seem like much time has passed (although of course we miss you) -- must seem like months to you, though, with all the changes.

Do your boxes include all of your food? So now you have an avalanche of Jello and other goodies? :)

So yesterday we were scheduled to go to a Sloan concert at the Hangar.

And when I went into the Goat in the afternoon, there were these weird-looking possibly-skeevy guys sitting in a booth. I looked at them, and thought, oh, it's a group of homeless or former inmates or something like that. Guys in their late 30s/early 40s; long bedraggled hair; weirdly bad giant glasses; one with a beat-up trucker hat. One had a sea-captain's hat... Avoid eye contact.

Then, in line, I started to think... they look so studiedly bad, maybe it's high fashion. They've either got to be crazy or rock stars.

Wait a minute... rock stars?! It's Sloan! And it was. They sat in the Goat, just hanging out all afternoon. I sat over in the corner, trying not to be obvious about looking at them occasionally.

The show was good too.
Example of what one of the guys looks like -- the guy on the right, wearing a trucker hat. 50/50 crazy person/rock star, yes?

-A

devious said...

so coool!!!! I used to listen to Sloan a lot... got a few of their CDs. I've always been partial to Underwhelmed. Sort of describes too much. I think it's neat they went to the Goat. I wonder if they are long-time visitors when they're in town for shows, or if someone tipped them about it's grooviness.

Can I say 'grooviness'?? I feel like I might have just broken some law. oops. And yes, I agree about the crazy.rockstar thing. it sort of parallels the death.beauty thing for women. designed to jar you I think.