Saturday, October 28, 2006

a touch of the irish

Tonight I finally had tea with Nurse. she is really nice and grouned. she and her boyfriend will probably be good friends for me this year. there is a one teacher who i am annoyed by, because she is always wanting materials from the art room to make posters for dances, and it bugs me, because the art materials are for the art class, not for making shitty posters that go up for three days and then go in the garbage. Fuck, get your own paper and markers out of the supply room!

I was especially pissed today because they were abusing the brand-new paper cutter - cutting way too much at a time (which loosens the sping and makes future cuts end up like tears instead) and cutting pipe cleaner and other metal bits. Next time I will tell them they can't use that one - we need a good cutter in the art room, and they are expensive. There are four other paper cutters in the school.

Wow. Who knew I could get so passionate about a fucking paper cutter!? I am really on edge lately. Wingman has another houseguest - for three weeks! And she is taking over the house - rearranging the kitchen, eating my food (I spoke to her at lunch about that) and generally sucking up empty space. I think it is rude to bring long-term guests into a house without your roommates' permission. Like, he informed me she was coming, he didn't ask if it was ok. Not even as a pretence. I think I would be less annoyed (less, but still annoyed) if I wasn't so exhausted from the trip. It uses up a good chunk of my weekly sociability quotidient to escort 10 teenagers for five days. I need some alone time. Tomorrow I will take the dogs out to my secret island for a little while. Maybe have a wee smoke... don't do that so often anymore.

Anyway, I am sorry to pour poison into your minds with this... I am deeply frustrated by this place. There is so much political shit happening in the school, and my washer is still broken, and my bed is still a single, and I am beginning to despise Wingman. But I am still enjoying teaching. Just, when I have to leave my classroom....

ps I swore on the phone when I was talking to my mom tonight. I was just so mad!!

No comments: