Saturday, October 07, 2006

anticlimax

I woke up this morning to Wingman's delighted voice shouting, "THE BOAT IS HERE!!"

it isn't. Well, one boat is here, but it is not my boat. *sigh* oh well. my boat should be here this weekend or early next week. darn it. I've been waiting for my things for such a long time it feels like.

however, the morning was beautiful. I will post pics tomorro.... too tired now. and i had a wonderful teaching day - only two classes this morning due to prep period and assemblage. my classes were fantastic. kids who show up on a friday morning are there to learn, and we got lots done and then had fun. my principal dropped by while we were doing oil pastel drawings of these cylinders of granite I found. Everyone was working so hard we all jumped when he spoke. a good class for the boss to walk in on. :)

i made some good progress on the art room today.

god, my life is boring ;)

but seriously, I am taking a level of satisfaction from my professional life that is unprecedented in my experience. something about these students and these grades and these subjects at these levels just clicks. I "get" my students. We communicate. I don't know.. it's what teaching should be. not that there aren't bad times... one section of 10s has a group of boys who are close to impossible.

never underestimate how important it is to feel effective in your chosen profession. it's such a polar opposite from the anger and dissatisfaction and frustration I felt at as a supply teacher. that was not teaching, wih one or two exceptions. it was glorified babysitting, but without the bonus if the parents stayed out later than they intended.

haha. "polar opposite."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!
You should print this post out and stick it up on your wall. Or put it under your pillow when times are hard.

I'm so glad to hear this. :)

-a

devious said...

:) that's part of the motivation for this blog, to be honest. i have a hard time remembering emotional states when I'm not living them, so it's hard to make good life choices...
so when I'm deciding what to do next year hopefully this will help!