Monday, October 23, 2006

it's like being on a desert island...

...but without warmth or sunshine or palm trees or rum.

I think I might be going crazy. I cannot see any reason why we aren't in the air - if the sky here was any clearer.... I mean GRR. I want to go home.

Imagine playing cards with a bunch of men from Nfld for 3 days straight. Imagine teenagers approaching with variations on the whine, "I wanna ho-ome, I'm bo-ored, when is the plane coming?"

Anyway, I will go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe there's bad weather in your destination, or somewhere in between?

I'm sorry you're stuck - I thought it would be fun for you to get out to the Big City.

Hey hey -- actually -- can you get 2 postcards from there for me? I will pay you back. One of them should go to my friend Matt, who's been joking about going to I for years. I will send the address.

There's a new coffee place where the Town Crier used to be. They seem also to sell upscale housewares (couch, curtains, lots of ornamental basketry and flavored coffees). I haven't been in yet, just looked through the door.

There's also a new coffee place on Brock facing the farmer's market. That place looks nicer, I still need to get over there during business hours and check it out.

Halloween's coming up. Does your town do anything for H? Do you have any clever ideas?

yelsel said...

hey you. i'm home and am looking forward to talking to you :D i know what you mean. i was only away for 2 weeks and i missed home too. as cheesy as this sounds, home really IS where your heart is :)

love you, started an email to you but got interupted. stupid being at work... just kidding. i do love my job.

devious said...

apparently, they tell us the problem was fog on our end. I say, "BULSHIT!" It was so clear! bizarre pilots who need to "see the runway in order to land." what a crock.

I am home now. Only um..... 36 hours, or a day and a half, behind schedule. I guess I shouldn't complain. I got off easy.

devious said...

les,

I am confused. If home is where your heart is, and my heart is in my chest (I can feel it beating, I know it is there) then is my home inside my own chest cavity? Won't the blood stain my carpet?

ps I am so so so happy you are back back back!