The fjord was like glass on Saturday.
Mountaintop in the glare of sunset.
On looking out the window this morning.
Nalu and Fiona can smell winter, too.I booked my flights for Christmas a couple of weeks ago. Sorry I forgot to tell you. I arrive in Ottawa, weather permitting, shortly after 4 on the 20th, and leave to go back up in the early morning on the 2nd. I expect to be in K-town from the 20th to perhaps the 23rd, then to the GTA until maybe the 26th or 27th, then back east again. Since I once again have no fixed address in the south, where I go depends a lot on who can host me. :) I'm so subtle.
I hope that the 20th is a lovely sunny day, because it will be the first time in more than a month that I will see the sun! Speaking of sun, we had our first full-cover sticky snowfall last night. I awoke to a winter wonderland. The whole world smells, sounds, and feels different when there is snow on the ground. It wasn't really cold, so we had that wet-snow-earth-sea smell. Somehow snows like that actually make me feel warm, snug, cozy and energized. It's like being a kid. It was the kind of snow you just have to scoop up and it's ready to throw. No worthy opponents up here, yet. I will like winter up here, once it really gets going. When the fjord freezes, I'll be skiing on it. At least, once the sun comes back. Wingman has figured out that we have lost one hour and 15 minutes of daylight each week since we arrived. Tomorrow will be our one-month anniversary of living together.
Oh, and here's something to make you laugh when it's raining: people keep asking me if I'm pregnant. It's a new spin on the "is Wingman your husband/boyfriend/sextoy?" Apparenly I'm just of the age where it is no longer comprehensible that I don't have kids.
4 comments:
you can stay with me!
there are some houses for dogs in my backyard as well (they just appeared and are so lonely without inhabitants) ... so the dogs can stay as well.
already looking forward to having you back! you are missed!
again, what fabulous pics!
yay!!!! thanks Mel!! we'll stay up late and drink Bailey's and do face masks and go to the brew pub... it'll be fantastic.
I am so excited to come south!
i want to sleep over too!
hm... melissa, what do you think? should we let her? ;) haha
Post a Comment