Thursday, October 26, 2006

seriously spun

I didn't post last night. Da blog wasn't working right, so I gave up.

It has been nsanely busy since I got back... and now Halloween is almost upon us. Halloween is a strange "holiday" for teachers because first of all, there is nothing holiday about it - it is more work. But second, it seems like I always forget about it until it is almost too late. I mean, really, whoever plans out costumes? especially in August when I was packing for this place?

Also, I came back to realize that my math classes are working way... too.... slowly... They just don't seem to grasp things. They cannot remember a simple rule of substracting a negative number - it has the result of adding a positive. They won't understand it. It's like they have a block. But it keeps making them get incorrect answers on other stuff. Anyway, I won't get into the math, since I know a bunch of people have this math phobia.

I want them to earn their credits, not just receive them for having put in the time. you know? I want them to have learned the objectives!

Oh... and something sort of funny happened to me last night. Right after hearing about Lesley's washing machine incident, I took my laundry with me to badminton to wash it (two months later, the washer is still broken - no one has even come to look at it! fucking government!) and guess what? The washing machine at the school flooded the entire kitchen (that's where the washer lives). It took me and two of the teachers half an hour to mop it all up! Yucky, but with a pinch of funny because of the coincidence.

PS Les, condolences on the washer :(

2 comments:

yelsel said...

i hate the washer for loving me and leaving me. in hindsight, it wasn't making my clothes as clean as i should have. this one towel i used when i dyed my hair was "stained red" until i washed it in melissa's washer last night. perhaps its all for the best (shrug).

devious said...

haha, possibly.

melissa is so generous with her washer :) yay Melissa!!

yay 28 year old Melissa!!!