Friday, October 13, 2006

one-armed bandit

not much to write.

i think i should not write on this thing every day. now that the initial adjustment period is over, life has settled into a very calm, boring routine. all work and no play means you've become a teacher. just kidding. mostly. but well... I came up here to work, and now I'm working. and I'm enjoying the work. and I'm seeing the limits of a work-centred life. it's boring and tiring and not half as fulfilling as I want it to be.

enh. I'm just grumpy because my social life is sucking ass.

I spent a large chunk of today being homesick and malcontent and wishing I could just go sit in the goat and take a good coffee. just an hour even with some friends who have known me long enough to know me for real. like who know my histrionics and can see through the stuff i blow out of proportion. and who will give me a freaking hug if I need one. I don't know anyone here well enough to let my guard down enough to ask for a hug. this is the problem with couples. they have all the emotional support they need, so they are never forced to build a strong little community outside their relationship. at least, the folks up here are cloistering.

so i guess... i miss you! thanks, melissa, for the card! and the leaves were a nice touch. :) we're in full-on winter now. we had our first snowstorm today, so it's a strange justposition. the snow is likely to melt, but at least we've got it tonight.

No comments: