this is my first-ever No School Because of Wind day. Seriously, we can't go to school because of the danger from flying debris. Also the little ones might get picked up. Even the ocean is being bullied by wind! I saw waves getting picked up and turned to mist in front of me! Here, check it out if you don't believe me!

As I sit in my bedroom I can hear rain hitting my window like pebbles, the wind is throwing it so hard.
3 comments:
Wow! So how windy is it (in numbers)? I hope it doesn't move your new dog Taj Mahal.
When people come by to stare at you, do you say "hi there" and start talking, or do you smile and ignore them?
-a
it is windy. a couple of boats have flipped, and the windscreen of another was blown out. there are chunks of styrofoam (no biggie) and sheets of roof steel (biggie!) flying through the air. the dogs were so freaked by the wind (which is strange since they love sticking their heads out the car windows) that I had to bring them inside. their Dog Mahal is still behind the house... it's too heavy to carry so I need to get a truck to bring it to their area.
I think the official wind stats can be found on the environment canada website. 60 km/h gusting to 90 I think.
oh.. and it depends. I chat with the kids, and sometimes with the women, but I just smile at the men. don't want any gossip starting. it only takes a spark!
usually they're cruising by on wheels of some description, so there is no "need" to be too chatty.
Post a Comment