The airborne waves and waterspouts got much bigger than the pic I showed you this morning. A couple of boats flipped over, and the force of wind smashed the rear windows of the shop teacher's pickup truck. The force of wind smashed the window. Crazy. Wingman took his life in his hands and went down to the water to take some pics. They are amazing. But sorry, I can't post the pics he took.
OK, so I spent a luxurious day lounging on the couch, reading, surfing the 'net and working on school work (yay). Also feeling the whole house shake. The last time I felt a house shake like that was back in 2001 when there was a little earthquake. It was so nice to have an extended weekend. Of course it also means that the post office was closed all day and so were the stores. Also, the power went off for a big chunk of the afternoon. It got a little bit cold. Apparently our heat depends on electricity.
Back to work tomorrow. And I still need to do laundry. It's a good thing I stocked up on underwear before I moved. I should have bought more socks, too. And pants that fit. It's been 5 weeks that our washer has been broken. That's five weeks of trekking my laundry to school, to be stared at and asked, "Are you the one who lives at the school?" They think one of the teachers is living at the school.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
do you have grass?
Just curious....
as in the green stuff that grows in lawns....
umm.. yeah sort of. anywhere where the tundra has been distrubed is just dirt or gravel, but anywhere where it is intact, there's this sort of tundra grass. like, there's grassy areas and mossy or boggy areas. the mosses smell the best.
and thanks for the clarification ;)
por que?
Post a Comment