Thursday, February 22, 2007

ladies' room

i want a blizzard. a big, fat, snowy blizzard. i don't care if school is cancelled, i don't care if i can't get my mail tomorrow. i want lots and lots of snow. i want to ski again before february is done. what a rip-off of a winter!

i have officially outgrown the stage of my life where middle-aged women feel it is necessary and appropriate to mother me. i have mixed feelings about it.

it is really time for a break.

6 comments:

Amanda Bonner said...

awwww. does someone need someone else's mom to bake her some chocolate chip cookies? i just got back from a week of being mothered. i literally cannot lift another cookie to my mouth. my mom would love to have someone else to bake for :oP

Anonymous said...

Update from here: S has a job offer in Maryland. It's looking like we will be there next year (forever??), I'm happy but queasy over this...

devious said...

i don't need the cookies, just the emotional cookies.

and congrats to spence, anne!
why are you queasy? is this not better than small-town wisconsin?

yelsel said...

haha, i thought you meant a blizzard from dairy queen! hahaha. i could go for one of THOSE.

devious said...

hm... nope, not my craving at the moment. i could go for a nice greasy pizza or a whopper though. mmmm.. saturated fats and salt....

Anonymous said...

We're back from trip out of town. We are officially moving to Maryland. I'm queasy just because it's not one of the places I envisioned living (it's a smaller town, and closer to the giant subruban sprawl of DC and Baltimore, and it won't have a real winter). I do think it will be better than rural Wisconsin, but I wanted something in between those options. I think it will be good. It just settles in a definite way a number of things that have been up in the air for years and years, and it's really weird to have them settled.

We will take you for fries when you come down! So soon!