Wednesday, August 02, 2006

freshwater

I've made my fling-friend very ill. No germs, no virus, nothing like that. But he was apparently throwing up all night. he thinks it was food poisoning. thing is, I'm just fine. I feel great. I think he either, 1) ate too much - i won't list it all, but it's a grossly huge list, 2) didn't cool down properly in the heat - he did a fitness test in the morning in 30+ weather, then sat in a hot car, then refused to dip in the lake, even just to cool off. I swam three times, and was sorry to get out of the water each time! so I think food poisoning is unlikely, since we ate the same foods. and I cooled down several times while he did not.

therefore, I take responsibility only for not shoving him in the lake.

but really, what kind of person doesn't eat peaches or cherries, and won't swim in lakes, only oceans? a weirdo that's who.

in case you're curious about the northern stuff... I'm up to my armpits in paperwork. a word to the wise - keep the papers out of your armpits. papercuts sting like hell when you get deodorant in them. also, the papers get soggy with sweat. still, papercuts to the armpits are preferable to papercuts on the eyeballs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He should be drinking a ton of Gatorade or similar (water plus salt plus potassium), whether it's heat related or food poisoning.

-anne (in busybody mode)

Vincent said...

Hey Beckie ! Good to read you too. I like a lot "I change a lot, but I always stay the same"... (^_^). My visit in Ottawa is until around 25th... I come back from the "Cree trip" the 24th, but I'm with Al & Garry the last week of August, so... I don't really know ; but I will tell you. Nice to know you too. See you soon, and say "Hi" to Kingston for me... Ya, I realise I fell in love with this town. It's different here ! But really nice too... Ciao

devious said...

thank you for your input, BB Anne! :) haha... I'll pass it along.