Monday, July 31, 2006

skinny fat in paris

I cleaned my apartment today. moved furniture, swept, mopped, scrubbed walls and doors. feels good to be in a clean place. I hope the dogs won't mind sleeping outside tonight... I just don't want any dog-dirt in my freshly cleaned apartment.

so. many of you know I'm flinging right now. I have to say, I am enjoying this fling more than any relationship thus far. lots of romance... walks by the lake after dark, fancy dinners out, stolen kisses and little compliments. not smarmy or smooth-talking though. it's just... well this is corny, but it's like some old movie. obviously without the orchestra backup. haha

I'm glad I decided to go with it, even though it's a fling and I may live to wish I hadn't started. if nothing else, it's distracting me from my fears and worries about this coming year. it's strange though: we are both making plans and big changes for the future, and we obviously won't be together in that future, yet we're spending the choices-time together. it is unusual to spend the transition period with someone who won't be there when the transition is complete. sort of like working yourself out of a job. we'll get each other through this next month, and when we're both birthed into September, we'll each be only a memory to the other. now it sounds like I'm romanticizing this... maybe I am... starlight and flashing distant lightning will turn any rational woman into a sentimental girl.

I don't know what advice I would give myself if I was my friend instead of me. Not that I'm asking for advice right now... I'm sure if I want to know what's best in this case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

little jealous of your fling...
glad that you are having fun being wined and dined.

yelsel said...

beckie, be wary of the french flings. with their french accents and their eyebrow-raising-ness.

sorry, i'm mopping the loss of my frenchman...

devious said...

now lesley, I don't need to lecture you about the types and shades of regret, do I?

you know, as well as I, that even though things are sort of blue right now, you wouldn't give back the recent weeks.

but yes, the frenchman is a thing which must be handled with care.