don't look back in anger is a very good play. you should check it out. enough said.
hm. I started my spec ed course today. I don't mean to be negative or to over-generalize, but I don't like teachers much outside the classroom. And fundamentally I don't agree with much of what goes on in a classroom either. Unfortunately, I like working with and helping teenagers, and I believe in learning, and this is one of the few forums for that kind of work. Especially considering I'd like to make enough money to live comfortably.
I have to say I'm feeling pretty snarky today. My poor puppies weren't allowed to sniff one third of the things they wanted to.
I did finally receive my information package from my new principal today. It's pretty sparse, but it includes a curriculum CD that I still need to check out. Also I have my timetable for the year and the school calendar. Something weird and not easily explained is that I get two weeks MINUS one day for Christmas vacation. Remember that easily one day gets eaten up in travel EACH WAY, often two because of layover in Iqaluit. So... 13 days vacation (non-teaching days) minus three days for travel, assuming I can book the flights I want and the weather cooperates... hmm.. ten days. So I'm going to have a shitty short Christmas break. There's a March Break, too, but it's even shorter. I'm disappointed. I wish they'd stitch the two of them together and give us a decent break.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aww..beck, that sucks!
I love your blog by the way. I check it daily and will count on it to keep up with your adventures up north.
I love hanging out with teachers..many of my best friends are teachers (and my sisters!). maybe it is becasue you are one that you don't choose to hang out with them. maybe they are too similar to you and you need to be around someone more interesting on your time off..like nurses for instance!
make sure that you spend at least one day in Kinston or I will have to be making a road trip to visit you! you have a place in Kinston to call home if you need!
aww crap! i just wrote a big long comment to your post and the computer did some thing weird and it would not post! i will try again because i have some time to now at work.
so basically i was saying that i was sad for you that your vacation time is short. you have to come to k-town for a day or so...we'll have a homecoming party! and you can stay with me!
about hanging out with teachers...i love hanging out with them...many of my closest friends are teachers and my sisters of course. Maybe you don't like to because you are around them all day and you want to get away from all that. and you are a unique teacher as well! in so many good ways!
we are allowed snarky days and it is best to sopend those days with those who understand that and won't get offended.
miss you
now both comments have appeared out of the black void of the blooger.com
who knows?
haha... the evil blogger. it sometimes takes a few minutes to post what you've written. I've done the same thing with posts before.
I'm so happy you read and enjoy my blog. :) I appreciate that.
the thing with teachers is... well I hope it's not because I'm like them that I don't much like them. Because then I would be uptight and conformist, too. :P who knows.. maybe I am a little bit!
um... so, that play I mentioned right at the beginning? it's really called "Look Back in Anger" not "Don't look back in anger."
FYI. btw, it really is a great play
Post a Comment