Monday, July 10, 2006

fading redemption

oooh.. what a deep and mysterious-sounding title. get over it, because it's just about my hair's failings, and how I am sad because I was looking at my purpleness to redeem my otherwise over-worked and under-played self.

I feel strangely adrift today. Nothing bad has happened. Actually, it's been a pretty good day. But I still feel sort of lost. Some of it is just pre-emptive homesickness. Some of it is probably the full moon. Some of it is being single when I'd rather not be. Some of it is fatigue from too much work and caffeine. Those are mostly things I'd be feeling if I was going to be living here come September. But something unique to my situation is this limbo... I feel cut off before my time because I know I'm leaving. If I just wanted to fool around, I could probably do that... but that would only make the move up worse I think. Also, I have no time in which to mess around. :P

Something for me to keep in mind, though, is that if I was not going North, I would still have to leave the city for work. I will hopefully return to the city in a year as things are now. If I left to somewhere other than the Great White North, it would be a permanent move. So there, naysayers (including that nagging little voice in my head).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're blue. You are getting a lot done, it seems to me. You will have a lot to show for the summer: fun and credentials and money.

In other news... When you get up north, maybe you can try this out.

-Anne

Anonymous said...

And furthermore, I thought you might like this... tee hee. little puppies.

-Anne

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.