so apparently workdood didn't get laid last night. it was even, apparently, a snog-free evening. we joked about 'no snog at the 'nog'. poor puppy. i hope he gets a bit of snoggin' soon... he's a good guy.
hmm. I am happy and fancy-free now that my course is done. I feel so liberated.
I've received another chunk of paperwork from QSO about the fall. It's so complicated, this move. apparently they require all of my belongings to be packed by the moving company. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't like that the feeling about it is a lack of trust. they refuse to let us ship any food on their tab, so they require our things to be professionally packed. thing is, I'm a good packer - I've moved a lot. I don't like the idea of some college boys making 10 bucks an hour packing up the things I've accumulated in my life. insurance money doesn't cover whatever breaks. what bugs me, too, is that I have boxes of northern gear that I packed when I left aupaluk that have never been unpacked. now I have to unpack it all so they can repack it.
I dislike working in an atmosphere that lacks trust.
oh well, hopefully the anti-trust ends when I arrive.
stay cool in the heat, love-puppies
Friday, July 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
why doesn't the insurance cover whatever the movers may break. that doesn't seem fair at all..what is the point of the insurance anyway.
hope the trust returns soon
well, technically it does cover the monetary worth of the broken/stolen article. but many of the things I have accumulated have meaning for me, and a bowl I bought for 10 bucks might be worth a lot more to me now. I guess because there are things that can't be replaced.
I'm not somebody who thinks "things" are everything, but there are things that hold a lot of memories for me.
I get the value of a memory...
mug $10
mug that you drink tea out of everyday to begin your day....priceless
I'm with you. I've moved quite a lot, too, and I can't imagine having someone else pack up my stuff, though I know people who'd never do it any other way.
Post a Comment