Thursday, July 06, 2006

double decker

I would like to have a deck. in a fenced yard. mmm... sangria in the sun with dogs sleeping in the shade. sounds like a good plan to me.

two posts in one day - is this legal? only I didn't post yesterday because I was too busy and probably I won't post tomorrow either.

french word for the day: demain = tomorrow. as in, hope for but don't wait for.

I took my lovelies to the park to run and swim this evening, after a wonderful dinner with Melissa, and they ran and swam to their hearts' content. It was especially nice because there was no one else there, so I didn't even put them on-leash at all. (I always watch them and pick up their shits though... I'm a good person... sorta). anyway, it made my heart glad to see them chasing each other and playing and sniffing. they like to chase those little yellow moths and sort of snap them out of the air. I will admit to displeasure when Fiona found a dead fish to roll in (in the baseball diamond of all places - like 100 metres or more away from the lake!). it's funny how making an animal feel happy and free makes me feel happy and free. I wonder if it's like that to have kids. I imagine it would be moreso... I guess that's the quiet joy they speak of... sort of a happiness bubble in your chest, just above your heart.

i thought, too, as I watched them live it up, how it would have been utterly spoiled if anyone else had been there with me. although spoiled is the wrong word... I wouldn't have known how good it was to be there, just we three, if anyone else had been there. i guess after my 28 years I'm finally learning how to revel in my own company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the addition of "the french word of the day", nice touch :)