my great plan for balancing work and school is not functioning to full potential. here's a tip: just because you are not technically AT school does not mean you don't still need to be doing school WORK. and therefore every spare moment of time should not be spent at work work. there is this myth flying about that sleep is a necessity of life.
here's my plate: what, you can't see it?? because it's too full?? wow. shocker.
ok. some real thoughts. I've finally found the back row crowd in my class, and have joined up with them. phew. I thought it was going to be all keeners. it's not that the back row are all slackers... we're just people with an edge, you know? a sharp edge. eyes do roll when someone says something blatantly kiss-ass or too in-the-system. the people who are teachers because they want to teach, as opposed to people who actually believe the system is working and should be upheld, status quo.
people who might check their email during an off-moment, or perhaps have a wee msn convo during classtime *gasp!*
I'm sure the other people in the class are perfectly nice... they're just so round and fluffy; the way they talk and look at the world makes me think of white bunnies and canopy beds and grassy meadows in the late afternoon, but the kind of grassy meadows that have no insects or spit-bug foam on the grass or air-borne pollen. idealistic to the point of oblivious. of course, now I'm generalizing. But they just seem without edge. Suburban to the point of drone. I know I'm being unfair. But this blog is not about my self-improvement. this is the same impulse that leads me to make fun of other people's speech impediments. you know this about me - or you should. this is the edge.
Thursday, July 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hooray for the slackers!
Huzzah. I'm glad you found them
Anne
Post a Comment