I nailed that presentation! yah! nailed it to the wall. yah! that's the me I'm used to.
so my family came to visit this afternoon. it was good to see them. I miss my sister. I wish we had the resources to have longer visits together. a few hours a year isn't much. I didn't see her at all in 2005. and so far in 2006 I've seen her for a total of maybe 6 hours. I think that's being generous, and I'm sure we were sleeping part of that time. we have nothing in common. nothing. and we tend to squabble when we have to share a bathroom. but there's also that sister connection there... it's strange - there really isn't anything that can replace a family. when it comes down to it, you really can just walk away from friends.
although... perhaps why I like these little visits is because they're short. it's nice to see my sis a bit at a time and always have the feeling of wanting to see her, instead of being happy to see her go.
I wanted to post a pic of me and my sis, but I don't even have one on my computer! that's how rarely I see her. I have hardly seen her since I bought a digital camera!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I find there's just something about being with people who have known me my whole life. Not a single one of my current friends has known me for longer than 10 years. It feels so good to hang out with my siblings - the one I have a lot in common with and the ones I don't. We have a history that no one but us shares.
Glad you had a good time with your family, Beckie.
good job on the presentation, Beckie!!!
You rock!
thanks you guys! it was a good day, both on family and professional counts.
it is strange how we feel like we've known our friends forever, but then something happens to remind us that that isn't the case. and it's not a bad thing... I enjoy that I can discover new things about people I've known a long time.
Post a Comment