Saturday, July 22, 2006

complaints

this is not a post full of my complaints.

complicated. inconsistent. self-involved. errant. stubborn.
complex. flexible. self-aware. independent. determined.

perspective is everything.

I set the bar so high that no one even tries to jump over - but everyone can just walk right under the bar. Interesting are the ways that I mess things up for myself.

choices

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-from The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

I love that poem. Why does it every day apply to my life? I should write poetry - I can never find the poem that fits perfectly, though this one comes close. Necessity may well become the mother of my poetry, because nothing soothes like a poem written that resonates in your soul. Wouldn't you agree?

1 comment:

yelsel said...

oh beck... you're awesome. sorry that i went away. i'll try to refrain from doing it again.