Saturday, July 08, 2006

tock

new guy at work. missed half his shift because he forgot. accidently entered a large sale into the computer twice. spent 30 minutes teaching him to close up. he stands a bit too close. isn't quite as intimidated of me as he should be. kids these days!

grr.

he's actually a nice guy. just queen's to the core, a bit cocky.

anyway. rest of life - I have a little bit of purplish hair. check back in a day or two for pics of the improvements I plan to make to my hair. I Have a Dream! haha... just to show you the relaxed atmosphere I work in, my boss and coworkers were disappointed that my hair wasn't wicked wild awesome when I came in this afternoon. I also was disappointed. But Tomorrow is Another Day. And I Swear, With God As My Witness, I Will Never Go Hungry Again. Thanks for that, Scarlett.

What else... hmm... I am so busy of late I feel like I hardly think. Perhaps this is the cure for the whirling thoughts.

I know I've said this before, but it's truer with each day that passes - I'm in a sort of limbo here. I'm in the city, I know I'm leaving, I may come back. then again, I might not. it's strange. I want to reach out, make new friends or date a bit... but I know I'm leaving. so what's the point of forming new attachments that will be so short-lived? I also know that some of the most interesting or influential people I've known in my life, I have only known for a short time before Life ended the acquaintance. But they were always sort of accidental people. It feels strange to purposely open things up at this point.

I'm excited to be going, but sad as well. I wish this year had worked out differently.

enh. fuck it all. I have purple hair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and it looks damn good!
(the hair)

Anonymous said...

Here is a site with info about dyeing your hair crazy colors. The link is to their page on dyeing unbleached hair. Here you will also find info about bleaching. Look around; they also have info about which dyes work best.

Here's to purple hair!

-Anne

yelsel said...

i'm going to really miss you...

devious said...

thanks for the hair info anne, and the ego-raising liking of the hair, melissa. I will indeed miss you all when I leave.

maybe it is a stupid idea after all.