Sunday, August 27, 2006

jeremiah's beverage, ribbit!

I am still learning a lesson that makes me feel guilty when I actually demonstrate that I've learned it. here goes:

Do the important things, not the urgent things, first. Do it not because the world could overheat at any moment, but do it because you want to have more of the important things in your life experience. And if you're always sorting and packing (for example) then you mightn't have adequate time for drinking red wine and eating lasagna with friends. You might miss all sorts of good-people good times.

If you were to guess that I did not spend this afternoon and evening sorting and packing and cleaning, you'd be correct. I made hummus and pitas from scratch with Kateacular this afternoon (yes, even the pitas were from scratch - so much fun!). and then, this evening, a small bunch of us gathered to cook and consume an enormous and wonderful vegetarian lasagna and finish off a few of my red wine bottles that I'm not allowed to bring north.

I know I've said it before on this weblog, but it's because it keeps hitting me square between the eyes: I'm going to miss you all! Terribly. I will sit in my closet in my house that I share with the Mystery Man, and I will weep and sob and cry and rock and snorfle due to excess mucus and tears and the poor dogs will sense my upset and come and lick my face and then they will get bored and they will lick their respective bums and the world will go on but I will still miss you.

It is cathartic for me to mock how much I will miss you. Respective means they will each lick their own bums, not each other's. And even though I'm mocking this, it is true that I'll miss you. So call me once in a while.

1 comment:

Vincent said...

Salut toi, je n'ai pas pris tellement le temps de te lire, mais je tacherai de le faire prochainement (^_^). Je voulais juste te dire que je pense que l'on ne va malheureusement pas se voir avant tont départ (je t'expliquerai). Juste pour te souhaiter de bons préparatifs, et bon courage pour cette nouvelle page que tu vas écrire. J'ai été ravi de te rencontré. Plein de bonheur que je te souhaite pour la suite. Talk to you soon (^_^)